Monday, July 30, 2007

Carouselqueen70 [12:21 PM]: Well I am going to out for a walk with my dogs today. I havent done this in a long while. I guess I was too depressed or lazy to go out. I have real bad social anxiety. I dont like going out because of having to be around people. When people try to approach me, I start to feel like I am getting a panic attack. I can't breath and I start to feel sick. I sometimes have that flight instinct. I really want to be socialable but I just havent been able to shake my fears of it yet.
i have actually not gone to school functions with my kids because of this. I am always afraid that people won't like me. It takes a very long time for me to warm up to someone. I have even tried going to church. I get so stressed. People are really friendly there which should be a good thing. But for me it gets very uncomfortable. I think people tend to not like me because I dont talk to them much. They think I am being rude. That is not the case at all. I have to get over this fear I have.
I am going to take the dogs out with me to town and walk around. I feel more comfortable with them. Maybe it will help me to try to be more socialable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Just smile... that says a lot. Most churches realize that a person can be shy or a person of few words. Janie