Wednesday, November 7, 2007

another loss

I just found out that a friend of mine , Mike,from awhile ago passed away. He passed around the same time my sister did. From what my friend told me is that he had some problems that he just couldn't handle.

When I knew him , he was  a devout Christian. He went to church every week. He used to drag me there all the time. His church was so bright and loud. I kind of liked the excitement there. My second oldest son was only 3 years old and he was very quiet there because it was so colorful. Mike was always such an energetic guy. He looked as if he had it all together. He was a computer programmer. He made really good money. He was such a sweet guy. I always could go to him with any problem I had. He seemed so level headed. He met this woman in the church and they got married. Her and I didn't get along so well. She seemed very fake. They moved to Philly and that was  the last time time that I had spoken to him.

He apparently recently had gotten himself involved in drugs. He went to rehab for a year and was clean of drugs  for quite some time. Apparently he had a depression problem. I am not sure if he and his wife got divorces or not. I would imagine because he died alone in the house and no one found him for about three days. He had gotten pneumonia and did not bother to go the the hospital. He became septic and died of respiratory problems. I wish that I could have been there for him through his bad times. But we had grown apart. I will miss him though. He was only in his early 30's. I feel like all my friends are dieing. I am starting to be afraid of my own mortality. It scares me alot.

Well thought I would share that with everyone. I have to go and get on the phone for some help. I will let everyone know what it going on. Everyone is in my prayers. Stay warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sad but know that if he was a Christian that God was with him. None can be perfect, we strive to be perfect, but there is no way that we can be perfect. God accepts us just as we are and then he does the rest. Maybe God needed another angel. We just never know. I am 63 and in a few days will be 64. I do not want to waste my time worrying about when I die. It will come soon enough and God knows when, where, and how I will die. I just pray that God will give me the strength to go through it. That is wonderful that he use to drag you to church. Hope you are doing better and you have too much living to do to worry about when you are going to die. Give them children a hug and take a few minutes to talk to them. Jesus said that we must become like a child to enter the gates of heaven.  lol In my prayers, Janie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend.  Janies words are so true.  You just take care of yourself the best you can and keep working on those papers.  We are all waiting to hear good news from you about a roof over your head.  Lucille

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss....so very young!

Hugs
Terri