Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thought I would share this

Somone sent this to me and I thought I would share it. I hope that I get a chance to write more in my journal later. I hope everyone is well.

 

Have you ever been rescued because God gave you foresight?

The wise look ahead to see what is coming, but fools deceive themselves.

Proverbs 14:8 NLT

Victorious foresight

Wouldn't it be great to see into the future? To have the ability to bypass future mistakes? In a way, Christians have this ability. God has given us a precious gift—the gift of sight.

This "sight" is not like the false sight of fortune-tellers or magicians. It is the spiritual ability to see who is in the future, instead of merely what is in the future. So, we no longer blindly grope around in this life as those who are lost. Christ is our future and our hope.

Just as a successful marathon runner knows the location of the finish line before setting goals for the race, we identify Christ as our finish line. This great knowledge allows us to set daily goals for wise living. In the end each day of our lives may be lived victoriously if we remember our final outcome. The Christian's race is already won through Christ's victory on the cross. And when we cross the finish line of life, we will be in Christ's presence.

WISE WAYS  The next time you feel fear or persecution regarding your faith, remember that Christ has already won the victory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is sound advice; a very good devotional!! one that should be printed out and kept handy to read when times get tough

betty

Anonymous said...

That is very well said. I like that. What matters in the end is being with Jesus. Hope things are going better for you Christine. You are in my prayers. God Bless, Janie