Thursday, May 8, 2008

A light in the darkness

Hello All. I pulled this off of someone else's journal but I loved it so much that I decided to put it on mine. I truly mean the statement that it says. Thank you all for being there for me. I value everyone's comments and advice.

I have some good news to say today. (for once) I had gotten a phone call about a job today. It is just a smalll part time job at the grocery store. I have an interview on monday. I am so nervous. I would really love to work again and it would really help to have some extra money into the house. I just pray that I get the job. I think it will do me good emotionally. All I do is sit int the houseand worry and worry. I guess I am too big of a worrier. I am alwasy afraid of things being taken from me. Not nesecarily material things but loved ones. I guess since my sister died , I am so afraid that I will lose someone else that I love. I need to get over this and start to live again. I think this job will really help me to do this.

The county that I live in (Potter County) is really hurting job wise. There really isnt anything here for anyone to do work wise. I really think that we all need help. I was wondering if anyone thinks that a letter to my congressman would make a difference. I would try if I thought it would make a difference. I dopnt want to leave my home but I will have to if my husband cant find a job good enough to support us. My small job isnt going to do it but it would help. He will run out of unemployment in six months and then we are in big trouble. Some people say that I shouldnt worry so far in the future but I am alwasy like that. My mind is always working in the future. I am alwasy trying to prepare myself for the worst. I feel very uneasy that we dont really have any money to use if the car breaks down. I get stressed out when I am not in control of the situation. I am trying realy hard to take it one day at a time. Today I was very depressed and felt like sleeping all day until I have gotten the phone call about the job. I just pray that I get it. I want to stay here where we are. My kids are doing so well here in school. Especially my oldest son who has ADD. He works so hard and struggles to keep his grades up. I am so proud of him. Well I guess I will let everyone go. I really hope everyone is well. I will write agaon soon. I amtrying to get in the habit of at least writing in my journal at least every other day. I am going out to take a walk with my dogs. God Bless everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray with all my heart that you get this job.Hope hubby is out there looking because 6 months flies by -then it's too late to go looking.Don't be nervous at your interview.Just smile and be pleasant-that's what they want pleasant people with the customers.
Hugs
connie

Anonymous said...

Christine, I hope it works out with the job!! I'm sending you plenty of good thoughts and positive vibes!

As far as writing to your Congressman, or Senator, it can never hurt. I've found that most are very responsive and will listen to your concerns and give you some kind of response. Give it a try and see what happens!

Take care,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'm sure it can be a bit unnerving I would feel the same way.  I paid attention to your screen name and now know I have already been reading your journal (our email) hahahahah
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Well done. Good Luck for Monday. Be yourself and remember.... One shot at life, this Is your turn to live a little. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. I hope you get the job too. Every little bit helps, I know. As far as being a worrier goes, I think all of us worry, some more than others. And after losing a loved one we do oftentimes have a fear of losing somebody else. The loss of your sister was huge. I have four sisters and two of them are very ill. I know it won't be long before I lose one of them. But I don't let myself worry about it. I just embrace the good of each day, knowing that there is a reason for all that happens, and that no matter what happens, the LORD knows all about it and is there for us. And I am there for you too, and many others in J-land. We may not be able to help you in the ways you need right now, but we are there to love and support you with prayer and encouraging words. You take care now.
Love, hugs, and always, my prayers.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...


Christine,  I just know you will get the job at the store.  And it will help you so much.  You will make close friends and meet all sorts of customers.  I get excited for you just thinking aabout it.  That is where I work sometimes and I love it.
It is hard not to worry but what good does it do.  Don't think about yesterday or worry about tomorrow because it is today.  It is easy for me to say I know. I try not to worry and just think that my life is what is happening now.  Hard to do sometimes.  And it wouldn't hurt to write your  congressman.  I think it is a good idea.

Hugs and love to you     Myke