Sunday, June 1, 2008

My weekend with mom

 

I actually had a wonderful weekend with  my mother and oldest daughter. They didnt get here until about 9:30 friday night. My mother rented a cabin near where we wanted to do things. It was a nice cabin that had two beds and a pull out couch. We vivited a little bit when we got there and then went to bed. We woke up in the morning and made breakfast. The cabin had a kitchen so we didnt have to go out. Then we went to a place called the "litte red school house'. We had alot of fun there. They had all kinds of reptiles and some small furry and feathered creatures. The guy that owned the place was there and he let the kids and I feed the crocodiles. That was very interesting to do. Then he taped one of the crodiles mouths shut and we were all able to hold him. After that he took out the Boa contrictor that he had there an let us hold him. I was the only one brave enough to hold him. I let him crawl all over me. Snakes don't bother me at all. My kids wouldnt go anywhere near it. lol We also got to hold a bearded dragon which wasnt anything new to us because we used to own one. We also saw possums and a marmoset. We had a very good time. I will post pictures as soon as my daughter sends me some online from her digital camera. We had alot of fun in there. Next we went to the park so the kids could play. Of course it started raining for a bit so that cut that short. We went back to the cabin and made a fire outside and roasted hot dogs and marchmallows. I love the taste of a roasted hot dog. In the evening , my daughter ,my son and I went to see a movie. We saw "Made of honor". I thought the movie was very funny.

The best part of  the whole visit was the box that my mother had brought me from Texas. There were things in it that belonged to my grandma who passed away a few weeks ago. She gave me her robe and slipper. I also got some old picutre of me and her when I was little. There were also a bunch of cards and letters that I had sent her. She kept them all!! There were stacks of them. I also got some knick knacks that belonged to her and the kids had gotten some as well. I just cant believe she kept all the letters and cards I sen her! There were tons. She even kept my birth announcement from when I was born. I really miss my grandmother.

All and all weall had a great visit.Time went by fast  though.  There werent any fights between my mother and I at all. My oldest daughter and I bickered but that isnt anything unusual. lol I really will miss them. I wont see them again until sometime in July. It kind of made me want to try to move down state to be near them again. I know we dont have the money to relocate right now plus I know things wouldnt remain so good between my mother and me if I lived closer to her. Well I have to get lunch ready for the kids and then I am going to take the dogs out for a walk.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good weekend
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's great news that It went well. I am so pleased and It won't be long until you meet up again. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

So glad that you had a wonderful time Christine. :-) Oh I could not hold that snake! Don't even like little garden snakes! lol I don't llike hot dogs unless they are cooked outside; they just taste better. Have a wonderful walk with the dogs. In my prayers, Janie

Anonymous said...

Christine, that was wonderful news to hear that the visit went well! what a special grandmother you had to save all the cards you sent her!!

you are a brave woman to hold the snake; they give me the willies

I'm so glad the visit went well; maybe short visits work well for all involved; hoping the next time you see your mom it will be just as fun

betty

Anonymous said...

Great Christine.  This entry has a good, positive sound to it.  I'm glad.  

Snakes are cool.  A snake never goes anywhere where it's head hasn't been first.  How many humans can you say that about?

Talk soon.            DB

Anonymous said...

Thats great to hear you had a lovely visit.
Before you know it, July will be here!
; )
Marie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful visit hon. The items from your grandmother are priceless. When Doc's Mom died I was asked if I wanted a few Indian (porcelain) dolls his mother had collected. I turned them down as I don't normally care for faux Indian items. Recently it occurred to me it wasn't about the dolls, it was something that had belonged to is mother. I'm asking his brother if they haven't sold them for one. I think when someone you love passes away you don't think in terms of monetary items. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I have my late grandmother's robe, also.  I'd even bought it for her, oh so many years ago.  I'm sorry to hear of her passing.  She obviously loved you and felt you are very special.  -- Robin